Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blindness

I try not to be too serious about anything. At least, more recently. A month ago, "The Office" could have come on, and I would have been analyzing its "deeper dimension." There probably is always a deeper dimension, and as some physicists say, "rolled up so small" in the ordinary day-to-day world that we cannot see them. We are blind to most things, and I'm grateful that nothing will ever be fully characterized.

I like this song. Especially the later parts. The beat is predictable, but it supports the strings, which move in high and unpredictable directions. In short, it reconciled its opposites.


I work as an RA in a research lab, and I am looking at how plant estrogens and breast cancer therapeutics effect certain aspects of estrogen response. I was blind to what was happening in my cells. Sometimes things don't work correctly, and I started to worry that I did something wrong. At one point, I thought I mixed up two chemicals, which would have invalidated five or six months work. I got very sick, I almost quit my job, but I didn't. I stayed, and I am glad that I did, and I can see more clearly these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment